1. Use Body Polisher every other day not just before you have another tanning session. This will guarantee your tan will stay even as it fades and your skin will maintain a natural healthy glow.
2. Every couple of weeks detox your tan in a relaxing hot bath by removing all existing tan with the new Tan Detox product. New tan can grab to the old and leads to not so perfect colour build up. There is nothing better than having a fresh new tan that can be applied the next day.
3. Always apply the St. Tropez liberally. You will be able to apply the tan quicker and guarantee all areas are covered. Lack of product can result in rubbing the tan and that can give you a patchy finish. Remember - never rub a tan into the skin but simply smooth gently onto the skins surface and allow the skin to absorb the product evenly.
4. Hands and Feet absorb the self tan fast (these are known danger areas), so no matter what tan you are using moisturise these areas well and apply 1/4 tan to 3/4 moisturiser and make sure you blend in between fingers and toes and clean the nails with a wipe to avoid un natural yellow staining.
5. Always apply St. Tropez self tan with tight fitting gloves. This will avoid palm staining and give you a fast sweeping application. The last area to be tanned will be the hands so remove gloves and simply use a cleansing wipe to clean tan off the palms and finger tips. No sink needed – you have to be careful of no water splashes!
6. If you are showing your skin off for a special occasion apply the St. Tropez Wash Off Shimmer Stick along your natural contours and curves. This will add slimming definition, pop out your muscle lines and give your skin a healthy dewy finish when you step into the light.
Prepare your skin ready to self tan or have a spray tan treatment?
Your skin is the canvas the tan is the paint. A clean fresh canvas will allow for an even perfect long lasting colour.
Apply the St. Tropez product carefully?
The ingredients in the St. Tropez products are so genius which means as long as the skin is covered the tan will develop evenly so apply liberally! Just blend with a mitt or applicator if you want a ready to wear look. All the tans go a different colour on the individual so it will work off your own natural pigmentation and go a colour that is right for you. One shade will suit all.
Maintain your tan and glow after application?
To keep your skin looking lovely for the maximum amount of time.
Skin finish your look off after self tanning?
To maximise your natural contours for slimming definition and a photo finish.
Bronzing Spray: I love this product because it is so quick to use and gives an instant deep colour. I apply this the first night before I go to bed after exfoliating and removing all products. I place a towel on the floor, tie my hair back and moisturise my hair line as I am blonde (tan can grab to bleached hair). I moisturise my elbows, knees, feet and hands. Tight fitting gloves go on just in case the hands catch any over spray. I also cover my feet with a towel, as your spraying product will drop to the floor and your feet may end up having about 10 coats, this wouldn't look very natural! I start with my legs and hold the can about 6 inches away and do long sweeping strokes just making sure all areas are covered work up to the torso use downward strokes on the face whizz over my arms and the best bit because the can has a 360 degree nozzle I can tip it upside down and blast my back.
The next night to really ‘pop out’ my contours I spray a light sweep along my cheek bones. Spray underneath my jaw line and down the sides of my neck. I spray the sides of my stomach and whizz over the tops of my arms, sides of my thighs underneath the bottom and a light spritz across the shin bone. Doing this the next day will allow my contouring to last for a few days making my body look healthy and fit - no need for the gym!
I also love Wash Off Instant Glow Body Lotion if I want an intense look for one night only. I find this product makes my skin look amazing. I apply a light layer of moisturiser first all over my body. I use a tan applicator mitt and smooth the product all over. The Wash Off Lotion makes my skin look drenched with moisture and shine with a beautiful intense, glossy colour. The product all ready has a film former in the ingredients so will not come off on my clothes but if I'm going to be in a very hot club a good expert tip is to apply a light layer of hair spray over the tan just to make sure.